Monday, November 23, 2009

Fixing a craving

I have lots of food craving -be it me being pregnant or not. I just love my food and at every opportunity, I will not hesitate to eat. *sigh* that explains my growing waistline, double chin and face shape getting rounder every minute.

Xy and I went out for some girlie lunch -fixing our tomyam craving. I love spicy sour stuff. Sometimes I really do miss all the thai food I got to eat when I was just a little girl. My parents and I would go to Haadyai almost once a month for the weekend for shopping and food. Haadyai then was just like an hour drive away from my hometown -Perlis. Yea, I was raised in Perlis, moved to Penang for education and then now the city... Thai food is yummylicious!



Anyway, had a really nice bowl of tomyam at the Thai Nudle Bar and off we went to Popular to get Xy a sharpener. The trip to Popular made me RM63 poorer. =) Bought two books, one at 20% & the other at 10%. Got Jaden a book too -The Billy Goats Gruff.

Now I am eyeing the Twilight/New Moon/Eclipse/ Break of Dawn collection. It is selling at RM188.00 in Popular... hmm.. maybe I will get it after ... after.... aarrrghh.. got to save money!!!!!






Got myself The Traveller's Wife and My Sister's Keeper. Both now made into a movie but I guess books are always better than the story told in the movies.. crossing my fingers that I won't regret my purchases.

Sometimes I can be such a shopaholic. I really need to put a halt to this bad bad habit. Got to save.. got to save.. See no evil, touch no evil, see no evil..

4 comments:

Josie said...

blehhh, went lunch without me!

btw, i'd say read the books first. sister's keeper is a good read, but i thought the movie was crap.

joyjoyce said...

what coincidence! i just finished both books like a month ago le...both were GREAT books!
i cried like a baby..>.<
so much better than the movies!

blubbieMs said...

JoyJoyce : read the synopsis and totally fell in love with it for both books and well, sisters keeper was recommended by Josie so must be a good read I reckon. =)

Josie: Maybe lunch this Fri then if you want? Xy is planning another lunch outing this fri. =) What say you?

Josie said...

eh, sunday la....i'm working fri and sat la. suppose to work sun too, but i need a day off man.

sundayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...