Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today was a perfect day but...

Today was rather a clear but non-cloudy day.
I was looking so forward to bringing Jaden to swim for his very first time after a few postponed weekends.
Well, I guess the reason of me wanting to push for Jaden to be able to swim before this month ends is so that his father could join in his son's first time in the pool but I guess that is not going to happen.

Well, just too bad ain't it?
No matter what, I am going to bring Jaden to swim in Penang and go to the beach. At least I know I can get things done without having to wait for others. To wait for his father to do such activities with him is like waiting for the pigs to fly.

To wait for him to take the initiative to plan and sweep us away on a short holiday too is like asking the pig not to eat... how long have it been? 3 years now? Before pregnancy, during pregnancy and after pregnancy? Is it so hard to take a short weekend break away with the family?

Sometimes I think making plans with Schee and Gwen to go off for a girly vacation is much more easier to make than with others. At least that will materialized once decision is made and flight paid.

and then there are the friends. ..
Waiting for friends are like taking risks in gambling.
Can't force them either cause they have no obligations to follow whatever requests we have in the first place.
There are some that said they will come and find you and for the whole day, you don't get a message or a call to let you know they are not coming.
Then there are relatives who say they can't wait to see you but they don't take the initiative to meet up just because cousin A can't make it today and cousin B don't have transport and cousin C says the fortune teller tells her its not a good time to meet up with certain certain horoscopes.
So to avoid disappointments of all sorts, its always best to take the matter in your own hands and do it on your own.

An advice was given to me years back.. "Never put any expectations on others for you will get disappointed. Make the move yourself instead..."

So emo gila today.. just maybe because I am sick of waiting and waiting for things to happen.. and I just don't mean one thing in particular.. so many broken promises along the way that I am so sick of.

So well, I am just hoping Jaden would enjoy his weekend back in Penang with me. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Former Rock Chick said...

I know how u feel em.. thats why i'm going back to jb for a week at the end of may.. just me and arianna :) want to wait for the father? u til old also wont go anywhere.. don't know la.. i think it has something to do with their mindset on kids.. first they dont realize that they are already dads.. pretending to be bujang still.. then when it hits them.. they just dont know what to do.. I also get fed up at times.. so i tell him straight to his face.. dont care already la these days.. jaga this small one already a lot to do.. so i dont keep anything to myself.. tell straight.. dont like? can fuck off... hehehhe :) anything. u know u can tell me :) love you