Friday, January 30, 2009

Did you get it on your own?

I remembered how I was so eager to get my driving license so I can drive out to anywhere I want and not wait for people to come pick me up, if they are free, feel like it or on the way passing my house.

When I got my driving license, I was already studying in KL. Back then, I had to walk a 10 minutes walk out to the bus-stop to take the bus to college. I asked my parents for a car. They didn't want to get me one. My dad just won't give it to me. So bus I took for the rest of my uni-college years. It was not all that bad since I had the ex's car to drive sometimes when he is not using it, college mates who is in the same area carpooled me.. but most of the time, it was the bus and the long walk home in the sun.

I didn't get a car till I started working in the corporate world for real. Paid my own downpayment and that was it.. I finally got my own car, tho it is a tiny one but nevertheless, it is my OWN. I BOUGHT MY CAR ON MY OWN! It was rather a struggle to pay for rent and car installments at the same time but I pulled it through.. with Hubby now taking over the burden. =) *thank you* but still it is now OUR CAR. WITH NO HELP OR WHATSOEVER.. I feel very proud of my this achievement even when this friend of mine laughed at me that shes got a bigger car than mine. I know she is joking and I didn't mind but if it were others that made such a comment, I would have said at least I got it all on my own without my parents having to fork out any $$ for it.

A lot of people asked me if Simon drives. I say no.. he sits behind and takes care of Jaden while I drive around. I have been driving around for years and I like it. Hubby can't have any of those car-jerking moments due to his slip disc. I prefer to keep it safe and I drive.
People asked too if when are we going to change little monster? I don't know that yet.. but I am sure I would rather put downpayment for a house first instead of a car. The car can wait. Little monster is still going strong.. so why change her now? A car can wait.. you guys can go zoom zoom in your big cars while I go zoom in my little faithful one. =)


I love you little monster!

No comments: