Friday, December 26, 2008

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

I myself don't know where I stand when it comes to making either a pro-life or pro-choice decision. Just that now that I have given birth to a healthy baby boy who just turned one year 3 months old, I think it is one of the best decision that I have made in life..

When one is still dating or studying, to get pregnant is like getting a humiliation sentence. All sorts of things go through your mind. What would others think of you? What would your parents react to it? What would the boyfriend say or do? Are you ready to become a mother? Do you have enough financial support to bring up this kid? Because to make up your mind to give birth means a lifetime commitment of responsibility in bringing up the kid and giving him the best you can. Having a kid is expensive, even before that, all the monthly checkups, tests and nutritions you have to take in order for the little one to grow healthily inside you.

Hubby tells me that pro-life people can be deemed terrorists too for they blow up these clinics who does abortions and by bombing these clinics, not only they kill these young women but also the doctors and nurses. No one would opt for abortion if they could, thats my opinion. Yes, prolly its the horniness that does all the action before the thinking and aftermath is disastrous to think of. There are so many contraceptives out there to prevent pregnancy yet most choose to go by luck. I blame it on the guys. Most of them tho for not wanting to put on a condom and forcing the girl to take the pill instead. Pills do not necessary often work 100% and that was told by my gynae but I feel if one is to put a condom, the other still takes the pill, then it would prolly at least be 98% safer than having no protection at all. Speaking of which, little do they know that without the rubber protection, they might have risks of contracting sexual transmitted diseases too...

I came across a blog and there is a picture of this one little baby girl, about 10 months old or so posing with the mother and it was a shock when I saw the mother's age. She is only 20! TWENTY YEARS OLD! I was still studying when I was 20. I was still out there partying real hard, going out with friends and going from this relationship to another and there this girl is already a mother! Lucky her, her parents could help her take care of her little daughter. The rest about her if she is working or not, if she is living together with her husband or etc, I don't know. I didn't bother to read on but this is one thing that I don't really agree to too. If you have the guts to want to have sex and then get pregnant accidentally, and you keep the baby.. it should be your other half's and your responsiblity to bring up the kid yourself instead of relying on your parents Didn't they already go thru all that with you and now with your child? This is also one act I deem irresponsible.

Anyway having said all that above, I do think women that goes through abortion do feel the guilt much more often compared to the men. It will be one guilt that will never go away. I can't say much bout the guys. There is one I heard just couldn't really even care less of the whole thing. He even acted as if it didn't happen. Some I know, just carried on without using protection after going through a case like this and then got his girlfriend pregnant second time round. I don't pity the girls either for getting themselves into such hot water. It takes two hands to clap.

I just hope that in future, that using protection for sexual activities could be educated to these young girls from a very young age to prevent them from going through such an ugly experience. It is something one should never have to go near to. I don't think sex education taught in school is a successful programs. Instead, they should be educating these young generation about using protection to prevent unwanted pregnancies and STDS.


No comments: