Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fringe it is for me!

Finally after a long wait for a hair makeover, I got to make an appointment with Monsoon ID salon to do my hair. The reason I chose them over Russell or Centro? Pricing and repu.

Monsoon ID may not be that famous like Centro but it is also not that expensive to the extend of nearing RM1k for a piece of head.

As for Russell, I actually did contact them and asked them how much would it all cost -rebond, cut and treatment.. it all nearly came up to Rm400+RM70+RM120=RM590.. that was only a rough estimate over the phone. They say that they still have to see my hair length. If it is extra long, then it would have costs RM470 just for the rebonding.. total would have been RM600 and above.

RM600???? I want to puke blood all over and over again. Although I was ready to spend some money on the hair but never ever so much! RM500 was max for me.

Then I remembered Xiu Yi's rebonding and then there were also some recommendation from Amelia Peng who said she went there twice and found it good. So well, why not, afterall the salon was given good reviews. So I made myself an appointment on Saturday to have my hair rebonded, cut and treated. The salon was going by package so the package that I wanted was RM299 only despite whatever hair length you have.

I then, however succumbed to the persuasion by my hairstylist to take up the body straightening package instead.. and with two treatments inclusive. It all costs RM409. Nothing else, no irritating hairstylists that tries to sell you products. None of those. The hairstylists and her assistant was so friendly and well, lets just said I clicked and just fell in love with their service. Hell yea, I am going back there again next time to look for my hairstylist.


I showed her what I wanted and asked her for other recommendations to do something to my hair. She gave me a dramatic side parting. It looked ok to me as first so I agreed. However, luckily before they pasted the gooey stuff onto my hair, I changed my mind and asked for fringe instead.

My logic -I used to have side parting too.. if i go back with a side parting, it would look as if I did not have any major transformation. A fringe? Now that is a different story. In the end, fringe it is and I absolutely love it!!!!


So to those of my girlfriends out there who wants to go and do something to their hair, Monsoon ID is my recommendation. Reasonably priced and satisfied service guaranteed. Just ask for Eva!

No comments: