Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What they didn't tell you

I can still remember about it as though it just happened a few minutes ago.

There I was, lying down on the labor bed, with my legs in the stirrups, while watching Jaden being wiped dry of blood and any excessive liquid sucked out from his lungs. There and then, I decided to peep under my hospital dress and see how my tummy looked like.

I swear, nobody prepared me for what I was about to see. Not the antenatal classes, not my doctor, not the mothers. Nobody!

I nearly died of shock and depression when I saw what it looked like -a deflated water balloon, a very big skin overlapping nearly onto the crotch. It was an ugly looking piece of skin, where I once was so proud of its existence.

Luckily for me Wee Shen did tell me that it will go away .... in three months. THREE FREAKING MONTHS??? but still at least the thought of it will go away soothed me down of any doubt that I had in my body's ability to slim down that fast.

I was so shy to approach my husband and show him whats underneath. I was so afraid that I would turn him off forever off me. It didn't help either with some people that kept asking why my tummy looked like that.

I slimmed down quite fast in a way but the tummy, well, it did not exactly go away the way I wanted it to. It did not look like any of those celebrity mothers, who looked as if they had never given birth.

Those stretch marks are now permanently etched on my tummy. There will always be a little thing spilling out from whatever hugging clothes I wear. No matter how I slimmed down, there will always be the "sam cham bak" unlike the old me, who had the tummy like a washboard.

It didn't help that I have low self-esteem since young and my self-esteem went from low to Zero to Negative negative. I lost it all.

but if you were to ask me, should I want to get pregnant again, I would say I would. I loved every single minute of my pregnancy and the result that comes out of it after 40 weeks of cooping inside my little oven, I am so proud of the boy! He has grown into a magnificent baby boy that is now going around the house pulling everything down he can. =)

This is just a post to all mothers to be out there. At least I informed you ladies on what to expect after the delivery. Not like what I had to go through, all by myself.

and about all those going through labor without drugs, well, if you don't have any high threshold of pain, do take my advice, go for an epidural. It not only make it easy, it makes your delivery smooth and funny in my case. *wink* (those in the labor room with me knows what I mean...)

No comments: