Sunday, July 6, 2008

My darling aunties minus Joy

I have forgotten how long it has been since I last saw Faith. Its eons ago, probably 7 or 6 years ago before my Faith migrated over to join the NZealanders.

Our original group dis-auntied since. Sonia went off to join AMB while Joy and I stayed on in MCM. Thus, gone the assignment groupie that moves like a pack of wolves, that laughed till they drop in lrts, nights getting wasted in Bangsar (clubs were so off limit then since we were all underage and mostly me being the wasted one), the pack that cornered up pussy boys and wanting to give a piece of our mind at rude salesmen. These girls were the ones that companied me to the KJ post office by feeder bus and walked all the way back to college, getting unwanted wolf whistles by lorries passing by. (ok, not all the way back coz we took a cab later on).

I missed our little group so much! We had always said that if we were to write a book about our life stories spent together, it will never end. There will always be elements of dramas in it.

Today, I met up with Sonia and Faith for lunch at the coffee shop below Faith's and my apartment. Missing one auntie who is travelling around Malaysia for shoot, the champion who wears only tank top and shorts when it is raining in Cameron Highlands. Met up with the two girls and their respective partners for my very first time. The company was good. They introduced me their men and I intro them my boy. We all had partners -only my partner was the youngest there.

Looks didn't change much. Faith still looks like the little bubbly girl I knew back then in college, Sonia being Sonia only becoming more beautiful than I remember and ok, probably I am with the much change -looking haggard.

Jaden behaved well while we ate, drank and talked. The only thing he did was dropped his toys on the floor over and over again to see Sonia and I picked it up for him. Ggrrrr..

It has been a really good Sunday brunch for me. I missed them so. If only Joy could be here, then we would all be complete! There will be another brunch where 4 of us will be sitting down again, won't we? By that time, I supposed there will be at least 2 married couples instead of just me =)



Sonia. eMs. Faith




the aunties




Jaden. Sonia. eMs. Faith




the thorns among the rose ?




Aunty Sonia. Jaden




lil Chairman of the Brunch meeting


2 comments:

Faith-Ashleigh Wong said...

HI AUNTY!!!

I just noticed this post, I didn't know you had blogged about our wee brunch!! After reading it I'm now all reminisce-ey...the appropriate word escapes me now :P

You definitely brought me down memory lane alright, those crazy Limkokwing days...good times, good times :D I definitely do miss them!! Boy did we get up to some mischief then!!

Anyway don't worry - 1) you DO NOT look haggard, and 2) What do you mean I look the same??! I'm damn fat edi :P It's NZ I tell you!! So much fattening food, and I always eat more during winter, for padding, LOL!!

Yeah we definitely need to have another reunion soon this time hopefully with ALL the aunties around ;) We could even go to Bangsar for old times sake, LOL

BTW I only just started blogging again, although it's not going to be that exciting, you can drop by from time to time if you want ;)

http://faithwsy.blogspot.com/

Take Care Aunty, I miss You heaps!!

blubbieMs said...

I missed us too!!!!! I miss you!!!