Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hard decisions

I was talking to this high school friend of mine who is now staying back in Medan with her husband and family. She has a son that just turned ONE and his name is Jayden. She also has a sister who is residing in Singapore with a daughter, Giselle, who turned ONE in April. So that means, our children are of the same age group and thus, there we go sharing notes on our children's developments and me, asking how to make porridges that will be accepted by the yim-chim Jaden. But its all okay, cause I was told that kids can be quite picky. One day they love their food, the next day, they think you are feeding them some bitter concoctions.

I was feeding Jaden his breakfast multigrain rice cereals with smashed bananas in them. He seemed to love it yesterday and can't get enough of it. Today, he wiped his rice cereals all over his face and walker and spread it like jam on a bread over his hands. You say angry a not? Scolded him right there and then and made him finished up the rest before scooping him into the bathroom to take a bath. Trust me when I say he smells like a drunken walking banana!

I had a discussion with Hubby a few days ago about what I want to do next year. I want to come out and work again or take up a Masters in Communication (part time) from a local University. It was either or but Hubby says why not I stay home and take care of the boy. He says that a boy needs one of his parents to supervise his growing up. If not, they would run wild. What do you think? I don't have a trustable in-law which I can hand Jaden over for daycare, my parents (my mom is not soundly suitable to care for a child) and my dad is just far up north. Babysitters? I heard of horrible stories and had seen some case where those kids get whacked red. Hubby and I am not trusting our child in their hands. What about daycare? But there are kids who are bound to catch colds and then my poor son would catch the virus too.. *sigh* What can I do? This is going to be one hell of a hard decision for me, I badly want to study back and I also want to get back into the public relations world and I also want my son to have a trustable person to take care of him while Hubby and I are away at work. How I wish I have a grandma like Iz's.

Anyway I have a whole year ahead of me to think about it... hopefully I will make the right decision.

No comments: