Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rice cereals for his very first time!


Xy invited my family over to her place for dinner last night. She whipped up a simple meal, which of course was really nice. I love the tiramisu best.. why? Coz got ice-cream!! SO the question is -why are there ice-cream in a tiramisu? hmm... Nyways, it was a lovely dinner and lets hope she can hold more of this type of functions! Thankfully, the understanding girl prepared me a room to feed my young boss! *pHew* alas, we have to leave kinda early too because the 'boss' wants to nap and he was getting cranky! He just love to stay home... Gone is the word 'social' from Hubby's and my vocabs dictionary at the moment.

Jaden, too, have now started on his solids. Today is his 3rd day actually on his rice cereals. Although it taste quite bland, but I guess that is what rice cereals for a 6 month old is all about. Hubby and I are feeding him the Heinz First Baby Rice Cereals. He only take in a few mouthfuls, which he blek out half of what we feed him anyway but its a good start. We stop feeding him as soon as he shows signs of struggling and turning his head away from the approaching spoon. Don't want to scare him off solids now, do we? I plan to start to cook porridge for him in a week or two or is it too early for the porridge? I want to get use to the amount of water to put inside the slow cooker, the amount of rice grains, potatoes, carrots and chicken (for the taste). No salt, no soya sauce, no additional flavouring for the little boy!

He is now weighing at 7.41kg. Quite light actually I think but well, doctor did say its okay. Hes not too thin or too fat. Just nice! Doc says the ideal weight for him to reach when he is one years old is only 9kg so there.. nothing to worry about his weight at the moment although there are alot of breastfed kids at 4 months old weighing what he weighs now! Maybe its just my genes fro the metabolism!

Now that Jaden is 6 months old, I have began to bathe him twice daily. Once when he wakes up or when its about 3-4pm, then at night, a quick warm bath before tucking him to bed. It makes him comfortable and makes sleep comes easy!

Been putting lots of cream on him because he has signs of ezcemas at his back, his hands, his body... and of course, the cradle cap. Sometimes when he wakes up in the morning, I will dab enough almond oil on his scalp only to be scrubbed off during his afternoon bath. Then after, apply Doc's cream. I am giving the cradle cap one more week to show some improvement, if not, I shall take Bryan and Dylan's mum's advice and go purchase the Elomet cream which is steroid base to kill it once and for all!

Can't wait for my sister to give birth now. Her expected due date (EDD) falls on the same day as Gwen's birthday! Such a coincidence! *sigh* I hear my boss call out to me now... got to go. *gRin*

1 comment:

Gaiety XY Ann said...

i call that FROZEN TIRAMISU! wanted to cool the tiramisu as fast as i can and i place it in the freezer~ somehow become ice cream!