Monday, March 10, 2008

Good and Bad surprises @ 4am

Jaden was sleeping fine till at about 4am on Sat night and he woke up crying. Nothing Hubby and I did could calm him down. He was just crying away like he was in pain. We suspected he was having colic. Both Hubby and my heart dropped. It was so painful to see him cry and suffer in pain like that, and he couldnt exactly tell us where the pain is so we can help him eased it. After some time, Hubby let him sit up and rock him gently on his lap, while the little boy burped and farted away. The motion calmed him down and made him feel better and when Hubby passed him over to me, the boy shat a little while farting. At least those fartings, burping and ter-shat made him ok but never again, shall I want to see this nightmare happen.

Last night, while Hubby and I were just going finishing up a DVD, we heard Jaden gave a cry from the room. We thought he had nightmares, so as usual, it would be me going into the room to calm him. Unless I fail at doing so, then its Hubby's turn. However when I went in, I was shocked to see Jaden in the state he was in. Shouting for Hubby to hurry into the room, there Jaden was trying to flip over but he got his one hand stuck underneath his tummy which his attempt to turn over to his tummy failed miserably. Jaden had spinned himself from a 12 o'clock position to a 5 o'clock position and was trying to do tummy time on his own at about 4am. Usually if he wakes up and finds himself all alone in the room, he would have cried out loud for us but NO.. not this time. This time, he decided to explore his abilities and skills in doing his own tummy time without parent supervision. *sigh* My boy I tell you. Scared the living lights out of Hubby and I.

So well, now as you know it, Jaden is able to spin clockwise by himself, move sideways on his back by using his legs to push his body up and the latest, his attempts at doing tummy time on his own, which he can but needs the help of adjusting his other hand which always get stuck underneath his tummy. So proud of him.. learning fast eh?

No comments: