Monday, September 10, 2007

Upside Down

My little goldfish has always been swimming upright but when I woke up today and came out to greet them the usual morning Hi!, it was swimming upside down!
Aarrrgghh!!! NOOooooo.. this cant be happening to me!
My cute goldfishes.. and this one just have to go start swimming upside down now.. these fishes has been with me for months.. and earlier on, it was under my mother's care.. It can't be doing this to me now!
It has always been a pleasure sitting down on the floor, just looking at them swim around because they look so bubbly and happy and blur.
They response to the sound of their food shaken above them.
Please do get well little fishie!
Is there anything that I can do to hold him to swim the right way?
Why are there no fish doctors around when you need such expertise?
Its hardly really moving as actively as it used to now.. but but but its still a young fish!!!!
It has to grow big and lovely!!!
So sad...

On the other note, am starting to have weekly check-ups now with Doc Yong. Will be going today and I guess, we will be able to find out the progress of Baby's growth and Hubby is still confident that Baby might be coming out anytime this week. I say next week.. because right until now, I can hardly feel the contractions, only for the occasional once or twice in three days or five. Only my legs are starting to look swollen to me (at least my own eyes are telling me that they are growing just too fat to fit into any of my shoes) and its harder for me to walk now. One step at a time... First the right side of my back is aching, now the left is starting too... so I guess its quite near to birthing. I somehow guessed my delivery's timing would come unexpected.. when you least expect it. I guess I have always been that sort of person. To be prepared for something, it always leaves you waiting but when you least expect it to happen, some goodness happens for no reason... I am already starting to panic a little because after attending the ante-natal course, there were some talks on episiotomy.

Whats an episiotomy you ask? This is what episiotomy is ...
An episiotomy is a surgical cut made just before delivery in the muscular area between the vagina and the anus (the area called the perineum) to enlarge your vaginal opening.

Obstetricians used to cut episiotomies routinely to speed delivery and to prevent the vagina from tearing, particularly during a first vaginal delivery. Many experts believed that the "clean" incision of an episiotomy would heal more easily than a spontaneous tear. But a great many studies over the last 20 years have disproved this theory, and most experts now agree that the procedure shouldn't be done routinely.

Research has shown that women with spontaneous tears generally recover in the same or less time and often with fewer complications than those with episiotomies. Women who have episiotomies tend to lose more blood at the time of delivery, have more pain during recovery...

(excerpted from
http://www.babycenter.com/0_all-about-episiotomy_165.bc?Ad=com.bc.common.AdInfo%404689d5eb)

Now you tell me, when you hear and read what episiotomy is all about, won't you be scared like me too and panic all the way? *sigh* What women have to go through in life... no men would really understand what we are willing to do...

No comments: