Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Boy : Part 2



We held a mini birthday party for Jaden on Sat 02 10 10.

Planning for it was quite hard because we could not agree on a location until Hubby suggested Marmalade. Marmalade cafe is known to be a child-friendly restaurant, so why not? Emails were sent back and forth, finally menu agreed upon, deposit paid up and all we had to do was just wait for Saturday to come.

I said mini because it only consists of about 24-25 people. We just wanted it to be a small intimate affair with no political issues going on.






AndrewCK was my hired photographer for the day and boy, he took my worries off capturing the moments. Its always hard to want to capture us (SimonYap clan) together if one of us is the photographer and the worry about leaving a camera around when you need to eat and entertain guests. So it was money well spent in a way.





I prepared partypacks for the kids who came. Just three actually so Jaden gets one himself too. Since Jaden's birthday cake theme was CARS, I prepared the party packs in CARS mini bags, a mini yoyo, eraser with CARS characters printed on it, CARS colouring and sticker book, the mini party horns and blowers. Well, it sure did distract them for a little while. What a noobhead for not preparing colour pencils or crayons to go with the colouring book! *slaps head*



For the adults, I gave each and everyone mini lollipops and leftover party horns and blowers to play with. Nigel pulak, entertained himself with helium balloons. Did I mention that helium balloons also made the kids' day? They sure did had fun with it and I told them to bring as many as they want home. I bought 30 helium balloons to decorate the place but too bad, it was still looking quite sparse with all that space in the cafe.









We all sang a very loud Happy Birthday for Jaden and he actually took off the car spoiler before the 'ceremony' even began. Does it mean he won't be one of those boys that like to modify cars and like to keep it original as it is? *yay*

















It had been a fun short 2 hour celebration with close friends and my family members, one of them, my cousin whom I practically grew up with since young and had not seen her since I got married. My nephew was just so cute and *sigh* SimonTan's kids were really angelic!

















We came, we ate, we sang, we played and then we ciaoed. At least this year, I did not have to worry about cleaning up the mess at the location. *wink*


Another year, another party theme.. so what party theme for next year ? Mmm.. might as well start planning for it already. =)

No comments: