Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jaden's update @ 9 days to 20 months

Jaden is turning 20 months old this month. Which means about 9 more days to go and he is 20 months old, four more months countdown to the TERRIBLE TWO age I fear.

I am thinking about schools to send him to now. There are lots of kindergartens out there and nurseries for little ones like him but I am keen to look out for those that can teach him to socialize well and learn how to talk and be creative.

After some time, I came across this mummy's blog and I find the teachings quite appealing to me. Not sure if Hubby agrees with it but well, there is always no harm to go to the school itself to check their teaching methods out. So do you think TWO is a very young age for him to start schooling? Personally I don't think so. I guess its more for him to learn things we aren't able to teach him at home and well, learning how to make friends would be important too.. Don't want him to grow up all anti-social and selfish!

Stressed out at the pool


Jaden is now walking very fast.. still looks like a drunken kitten but well, at least he is better than the previous months and sometimes, on the verge of running too. Yeap, when he hears the door creaking open, he will run towards it..

He will choose when and who to kiss. Sometimes it will be me, when he wakes up in the morning and he will come and kiss me, or late at night, when he plays with his father and then will manja up and start kissing the father on the forehead, melting his father's heart faster than heat can melt butter.

When he sees Hubby or I raising our voice at each other, he will hit himself on the head. Don't know where he learnt that from OR when we scold him for being naughty, he will whack himself on the head and then go whack other things he could lay his hands on. Tantrum throwing I tell you! and if he sees Hubby hitting me, or I hitting Hubby (of course in a playful manner), he would want to join in and hit either one of us... he is starting to copy and paste on himself real fast now.

He has some new dance moves now. Turning round and round and round is one of them, now shaking left to right and squatting down, putting his hands up in the air is one of them. Lets just say he does what Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Barney and BJ does. o.Oh and yea, throwing his head front and back like how a rock star does.. that is his fav at the moment. He is also copying the song "I LOVE YOU.. YOU LOVE ME, WE ARE A HAPPY FAMILY... " and when the songs come on, he will come running and hug whoever is there.. *sigh* imitating to the max siut!

He can be a real shy boy too. When he sees other kids and we hold him, or strangers smiling and saying hello to him, he will bury his head in Hubby's or my neck. BUT I AM TELLING YOU, DON'T BE FOOLED BY THAT. He is a little terrorist at home!

He no longers bathe in his bathtub. He has advanced to standing and letting me shower him, which he will asked for bubbles when I am lathering him in his Johnsons' bath liquid.

He loves to look at picture books, magazines and well, eat them after he is done. Yea, Jaden eats papers! I think he picked that up from Cheekie and Cheeko.

Sharing with Cheekie his toy


Speaking of Cheekie and Cheeko, he will now run after them again, forgetting about Cheeko's kicking and biting him in the ass.. he will crawl under the table to get to them and try to kiss them. Cheekie, however, is the more patient one with him, sometimes returning his kiss by licking him back, which she does not do to me. Cheeko, is more impatient with Jaden and sometimes, will steal a nip at the diapers sending Jaden bawling! *sigh* The kids are fighting already!

Jaden, now, will cry when he sees his father out of doors, leaving him behind at home. He loves to play with his father but his father can be real busy sometimes and stressed out, that well, poor Jaden just have to resort back to me or his balls and toys and Tv to keep him entertained. The only time the father will really play with him is bedtime, before these two boys doze off after tiring each other with tickles, bites, kisses and scolding from me for playing too overboard!

There are some TV ads that scares Jaden especially the one on ESPN with Tevez and the music that is like hauntingly loud. He will go running searching for who ever that is near to him and sometimes cry.. My little hero can actually be scared of something.. *sigh*

Ok, I see him struggling in his bassinet now.. I think he is about to wake up soon.. so ciao ciao.. till he does something new again..

2 comments:

firefly said...

Photo 1 : Poor boy...he really really looked so stressed out in the pool....

Photo 2 : Eh...i think that Mickey Mouse head-gear you got for him during Lee Hom concert arrr???

I do agree with you to send Jaden to montessori first..let him learn new things/ stuffs and make new frens....then you will have time to help Simon with his work and you will have time on ur own too...However, take your time to look for a GOOOOOD montessori... =)

blubbieMs said...

Yea, sharp-eye ah u.. that one is from the Lee Hom concert.. think I am going to intro him back to swimming when he turns 2.. now he will still be stressed out! HAHAHHAHA

Taking time too to check out good schools.. sigh** they are EXPENSIVE wey!