Thursday, May 28, 2009

Food food.. gimme food!

Today is supposedly to be one of the Chinese Festive nights where families get together and eat. Something to do with the Bak Chang thing? It probably is but I don't know what it is called.

I woke up rather late, gave Aunt Lin a call to say we will be going over for dinner and then proceeded to think hard whether to cook a late lunch / early dinner for my mother and hubby before we head there or just go out tapao. In the end, due to the super melt you the moment you step out heat, I decided just to do one vege dish and cook both of them instant noodles to go with it. *tsk tsk, finding the easy way out*

Watching Martin Yan last night inspired me to cook the same vege dish he did because Hubby did mentioned he like those type of vege dishes.

So I took out my Siu Pak Choy, have them washed clean, Chinese mushroom washed and soaked in hot water then cut in halves (bout 6 to 7 mushrooms).

First I boiled my vege for at least a minute in hot boiling water, taken out drained dry before arranging them nicely on the plafe. Then, I start to stir-fry the garlic for a while till the oil gets fragant, then throw in the cut mushrooms, pour some oyster sauce onto them, a little water poured into the oyster sauce of mine since my bottle is nearly finished but I recommend you don't do that if the bottle is still new or half full. (You will prolly get a hitting on the head from your mother, in-laws or husband if you do so..) and then stir them around for a while before putting the pot lid on to braised them for a little while.. mind the fire tho.. on low heat is good!

After a minute or so, depending on your good judgement, pour them over the vege, ready to serve!

Its rather an easy peasy dish to cook.. then I cooked two packets of indomee for Hubby, drizzled with chilli padi.. we love our dishes spicy! and the original cintan noodle with an egg for my mother. As for me, well, I finished the vege leftover both of them could not finish because I was looking forward for dinner!

Aunt Lin had the usual stir-fry brocolli-sweet peas-carrot-mushroom dish, roasted pork, roasted chicken, braised duck with eggs and the pai-kuat soup cooked with red dates and old cucumber. *sweets*

Lets just say I was the last one to leave the dinner table, finished up the duck dish and downing a whole bowl of soup.. the big type of bowl and not the small little bowl that is used to cup rice ok? *buRp* I sure was full but not to the neck.. came back home and walloped in a cup of ice-cream and later at night, a slice of Jaden's cake... I think I still heard my tummy growling when I was feeding Jaden his bedtime milk at about 1am..

Helllpppp! I have a bottomless pit for a tummy! Hubby claims that there is a few tummies inside me instead of the normal usual ONE for a human! I AM SUCH A COW!

No comments: