Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Success in the kitchen

I cooked today.

Yes! I cooked A DISH today for dinner and it turned out NOT disastrous.

I cooked MaPo ToFu. A SiChuan dish and it all turned out delicious, just a tad too oily because I ter-overestimate the amount of oil. I mean, if stir drying the mince pork, with garlic and chilli padi, sprinkled with salt and pepper could go wrong during the initial stage, I should be ban from the kitchen eternally, don't you think so? I hope I don't jinx myself by saying so. Afterall, black soya sauce minced pork with chilli is my NUMBER ONE dish specialty.. so instead of just adding on the think soya sauce to the mince pork, I pour in the tofu and dice them up while stir-frying them together with the pork, while adding on the mapo sauce. Yea, I cheated. I bought the ready-made sauce by LeeKumKee. BUT BUT BUT hey, it turned out well. If a person like me could go wrong with using ready made sauces, I mean I made a great improvement with this dish.

I am rather inspired to cook these few days. Maybe because I feel that Jaden needs to have some variety in his menu now other than just cereals and porridge and fruits, occasionally our meat intake and rice. Yea, I have been feeding him a few mouthful of rice now just to get him used to the texture and all and he seems to like it.

I have even bookmark the recipes for baby food. Tomorrow, I think I shall make him some chicken/potatoes/rice meal... a lil butter n salt.. wish me luck!

No comments: