Friday, April 4, 2008

Rice Cereals & Breastmilk -a success!

So far I have been feeding Jaden on a regular basis his solids.

Last week, I let him tried rice cereals but it was mixed with formula milk. He took it but after a few spoonfuls, he will turn his head away from the spoon. I tried that two days in a row and he did the same thing.

Then I moved on to Rusk biscuits just soaked in cool boiled water, he takes it but only half a cookie.

Yesterday, I opened the Gerber's Applesauce Rice Cereal and scooped up three teaspoons just to let him try. He loved it. He finished what I gave him. Hubby suspected it was due to the sweetness and he got me so worried just in case my son gets sugar-high. Luckily that didn't happy but it did not stop me from worrying.

Today, I gave him rice cereals again. This time, I mixed it with breastmilk. Just a teaspoonful of the rice cereals and he finished it all. He would opened his mouth for more if I were to put the spoon near him. Not once he tried pushing it out from his mouth.

Now that is a good sign, aint it? Shall give him rice cereals again tomorrow. Next week, we shall be going into two solid meals a day... and maybe a little porridge just to let him taste.

So happy that Jaden accepts new food. He just hates drinking formula and he even dislikes drinking water but then that is a must must -water...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya u gotta try a bit day by day, then next wk start with one meal first after a week, can start with two meals