Friday, February 1, 2008

Ki Siao-ing on the road

Have you guys living in PJ seen the jam today? Its total madness I tell you! To get to Sunway, even by using the highway, it took me one hour! Padahal, with my driving, usually its only 20minutes top and today is just exceptionally a bad day for people to go anywhere in PJ because you will get stuck in all directions! From my place to the shophouses in Kota Damansara also took like half an hour just to get into the area and another half an hour to get out from there. Its crazy I tell you! CRAZY! Took the LDP back from Sunway, also very bad! The cars are just bumper to bumper.. so frustrating to drive in such a situation. Gets you boiling and then there are inconsiderate and stupid drivers who makes you want to erupt there and then! Just because its Federal Day in KL and CNY is drawing near. People are on their mad rush to shop and shop and shop... *sigh* Life...

anyway,

Hubby and I took baby for his third massage class. Learnt how to massage his arms, chest and head this time. Jaden was a happy baby when I massaged his legs and tummy. Just babbling away while I massaged him. So cute.. should have seen him then. He knows how to enjoy his massages now. He just fell asleep for a while. His nap before his bath.. Don't think the nap is going to last more than half an hour before Hubby shouts for me.

Finally, I returned my lactation consultant her electric breast pump. Not doing much good to me as Jaden still refuses the left breast most of the time. Only when hes desperate for it then only will he suckle on. I guess breastfeeding has its pros and cons. More pros tho I think. I am very much pro when it comes to encouraging new mothers-to-be to breastfeed because I saw the beauty in it..

Pros
  • The baby and you share a special bond.
  • You save a lot of money by not needing to buy formula milk powder. (They are expensive you know, and with the little one wanting his milk every two hours when he is still a newborn and then four hours each after hes grown up a little like me will make you go running to buy formula milk every two weeks or three weeks.)
  • You save on the time getting up and making sure water temperature is right, sterilize the bottles after use.
  • Baby gets the nutrients and is more protected against atopic diseases. (allergies etc.)

Cons
  • If you don't feed regularly, you get breast engorgement. (but can be helped with breast pump to pump it out)
  • Baby don't get the rich milk from you.
  • Baby might get obese from the formula milk.
  • Its just not healthy compared to human breastmilk.
  • Some babies are lactose intolerant.

I told a certain someone (B) that I am breastfeeding even until now and I plan to do so until Jaden is about 1 years old. B then tells me that how is it possible that I still have milk production whereas her friends has all run out of breastmilk. But if you feed regularly and religiously like me, there will be no such thing as running out of breastmilk. So see? Myth #1 is so wrong. Then B tells me, should feed with formula too because if I breastfeed for long, my breast will sag. I understand that the milk inside will definitely make the breast feel heavy but once the baby suckle on it, it will go away until it fills up again. Nobody escapes gravity, Hubby says but still the breasts will go back to its shape after you weaned your baby off breastmilk. It won't be an instant overnight change but it will grow back normal as how it was before you were pregnant so Myth #2 also salah! Guess you can tell me anything but I won't be discourage from breastfeeding my baby because I know its the best for him and I only want the best for him.. so there! bLek! =p

I realized that when you have a child at home and to have the opportunity like Hubby and I to observe every development that Jaden makes is so wonderful. Happiflyings thats what Jojie and Hubby would say. To watch him smile his first smile at you and curling his little fingers around your fat fingers, cooing and talking to you... laughs at anything you play with him.. aarrgghh.. wanna know a secret? I missed being pregnant too. Its one of the best thing to happen to me to be pregnant with Hubby's child and giving birth to Jaden. Love them both! So I totally don't get it why some married couple don't want to have children. Not those couple that still wants to have children but is still waiting for the right time. I mean those couple that absolutely makes it clear that they do not want to have any children at all.. if only they know the beauty, happiness and pride of having kids around them.. =)

No comments: